Travels

     One part of my culture that travels with me everywhere I go is my cultural music. Hispanic music has always been with me, I go to the store and listen to it on my headphones, I go to my soccer games and listen to it in the car. I have always listened to this music ever since I was a kid and now I just feel like it also defines who I am. I don't always have to be listening to the music at that moment but I still sing it in my head or just to myself if I'm doing something like work. This is why music has been a part of my culture that I feel travels with me everywhere I go. 

    Today in class the teacher was absent, we still had an assignment on Commonlit which I finished and started doing my blog post right after. 

    Something that I learned was that what people read can be how they expect everything else to be. One way that I may use this in the future is to not let books or articles to shape the person I am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I, Too" Poem

Feeling lost

Stereotypes