Fences
An example of the word fence that I have used in my life is disconnecting relationships with people who I felt were a bad influence In my life. I was mainly trying to avoid falling in the same path as those people. I did not want my future to be ruined just by a little entertainment. The fence that I made ended up helping in many ways besides feeling secure. I felt more focused on myself and what I actually wanted to do and not what others wanted. I was able to keep track of school and home, and people never saw me as disrespectful or rude to others. These are the ways that It helped me instead of holding me back.
Today in class we started reading a book called "Fences" by August Wilson's.
One thing I learned was that words can have two meanings. One way I may use this in the future is to try to use a common word and find another meaning to it.
Comments
Post a Comment