Out of the Norm

    A time when I did something out of the norm was when I jumped out of a boat during a family trip. There were many reactions that happened at the moment when I did that. My mother was scared, she thought I fell on accident and that I was drowning, after I got back on the boat she yelled at me and said that I was crazy. My Father was just calm about it he started to just stand up from his seat to make sure I was okay, on the boat he just asked why I did that and to be careful next time. My sister started celebrating as if she just won a competition, from the water I could see how she was just laughing. My uncle was really worried and jumped into the water 5 seconds after I jumped to make sure I was okay. The only reason I had jumped in was because I was bored of just sitting down and looking at dolphins. 

    Today in class we finished the group assignment that we had started on Monday. 

    One thing I learned today was that objects like toys or clothing can also show gender roles. One way that this impacted me was that most of these objects are intended to carry out a gender roles even if they look the same, for example 2 dolls can look the same but if u change the colors they start to look different due to the roles they seem to play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"I, Too" Poem

Feeling lost

Stereotypes